Your COVID-Safe Visit
Welcome back to The Malthouse. The safety, welfare, and experience of everyone who enters our venue is our highest priority.
We recognise that during this time, it is our duty to protect our community—you, your family, friends, and neighbours. Here, at The Malthouse, our team is always looking out for you!
The Malthouse is a COVID-Safe venue. We cut no corners. We have introduced strict safety and hygiene measures in line with Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services guidelines to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. We continue to regularly monitor all government updates to ensure our procedures reflect current directives.
Please note that the safety measures below may be updated, so please check this page again prior to your visit. Our theatres are temporarily closed—keep on eye on this page for updates on our specific hygiene and safety measures for performances in the coming weeks.
To make your experience as seamless and enjoyable as possible, we ask that you take your time to read the information below to best prepare you for your visit to The Malthouse.
Together, we can keep everyone safe. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- Regular professional cleaning of high contact surfaces and shared public facilities
- Physically distanced seating in all indoor and outdoor venue spaces
- Reduced capacity in all venue spaces
- Real-time occupancy counters installed to manage capacity in bathrooms
- Hand sanitising stations and handwashing facilities provided throughout our venue
- Cashless payments only at The Malthouse Bar and MALT Kitchen & Pantry
- Pre-ordering available via Mr Yum here for dining in and takeaway orders to minimise queuing
- Perspex safety screens installed at The Malthouse Bar and MALT Kitchen & Pantry to minimise contact
- Commercial-grade sterilisation of all glasses, dishes, and cutlery. Environmentally-friendly disposable cutlery and cups are also available
- Clear physical distancing markers and signage to help guide you safely through the venue
- Trained staff to assist you, who are familiar with all COVID-19 safety and hygiene protocols
- Increased air circulation to promote fresh clean air in all indoor spaces
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell, if you are experiencing flu and cold-like symptoms, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, have returned from overseas or have been in an outbreak area listed here
- Pack your fitted mask. You will be required to wear it at all times during your visit. Please bring your own mask. Face coverings and face shields are not a suitable alternative
- Travel to the venue by car if possible to avoid contact with others on public transport. See here for detailed parking information in the precinct
- Consider downloading the COVID-Safe app for contact tracing purposes
WHILE YOU ARE HERE
- Wear a fitted mask at all times during your visit. You may temporarily remove your mask only when you are eating and drinking
- Register for contact tracing. If you are dining in, you must register your contact details via the QR code on your table
- Follow the instructions of our trained staff at all times during your visit. Please remember, our staff are here to keep you safe, so please be kind and patient
- Practice social distancing at all times. Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from others, avoid mingling, queue where indicated, and follow instructions from staff
- Regularly hand sanitise or wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with hot water and soap
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow while wearing your mask
- Pay attention to signs and physical distancing floor markers to guide you safely around the venue
Please note, patrons who do not comply with these conditions or follow the instructions of our staff will be refused entry and asked to leave to ensure the safety of all visitors, artists, and staff.
The venue is professionally cleaned on a regular schedule. All high contact surfaces including doors, tables, rails, chairs, and shared public facilities are thoroughly disinfected.
Social distancing is required at all times. We have installed real-time occupancy counters in all bathrooms, and floor markers at The Malthouse Bar, MALT Kitchen & Pantry, and the Box Office for queuing. Our staff are monitoring social distancing to keep everyone safe.
Please maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from others, avoid mingling, queue where indicated, and follow instructions from staff.
Yes. All patrons and staff must wear a fitted mask at all times. You may temporarily remove your mask only when you are eating and drinking. Please bring your own mask. Face coverings and face shields are not a suitable alternative.
Yes. We are required to collect your contact information when you dine in at the venue. There is a QR code placed on all indoor and outdoor tables, please check in via the QR code as soon as you are seated.
We are legally obligated to store contact information for a 28 day period. Your information is kept for contact tracing purposes only. It is stored securely and then destroyed after this time period.
Yes. The indoor all-gender, female, and accessible bathrooms are open for use. Real-time occupancy counters have been installed to advise visitors when each bathroom is at full capacity. Please ensure you practice social distancing in the bathrooms and clean your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds before exiting.
We are currently not accepting bookings or enquiries for all theatre and rehearsal room spaces.