Your COVID-Safe Visit
Image: Phoebe Powell
WELCOME TO MALTHOUSE
The safety, welfare, and experience of everyone who enters our venue is our highest priority.
We recognise that during this time, it is our duty to protect our community—you, your family, friends, and neighbours. At The Malthouse, our team is always looking out for you!
The Malthouse is a COVID-Safe venue. We cut no corners. We maintain strict safety and hygiene measures in line with Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services guidelines to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. We continue to regularly monitor all government updates to ensure our procedures reflect current directives.
Please note that the safety measures below may be updated, so please check this page again prior to your visit. To make your experience as seamless and enjoyable as possible, we ask that you take your time to read the information below to best prepare you for your visit to The Malthouse.
Together, we can keep everyone safe. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Please do not visit The Malthouse if you have a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, have been instructed by the Victorian Government to isolate due to COVID-19 or are experiencing cold and flu-like symptoms. Please stay home until you have received a negative result. View our Exchanges & Refunds Policy here
- Under current mandates by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), we recommend wearing a fitted face mask when you're unable to socially distance from other guests
- Take a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) before visiting The Malthouse. Under current guidelines put forward by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), it is recommended that people who can access Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT) and are planning to visit an entertainment and hospitality venue should use one before attending
- Follow the instructions of our trained staff at all times during your visit. Please remember, our friendly team are here to keep you safe, so please be kind and patient
- Practice social distancing whenever possible. Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from others, avoid mingling, queue where indicated, and follow instructions from staff
- Regularly hand sanitise or wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with hot water and soap
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow while wearing your mask
- Pay attention to signs and physical distancing floor markers to guide you safely around the venue
Please note, patrons who do not comply with these conditions or follow the instructions of our staff will be refused entry and asked to leave to ensure the safety of all visitors, artists, and staff.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- All staff working at The Malthouse are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold valid medical exemption.
- Regular professional cleaning of high contact surfaces and shared public facilities
- Hand sanitising stations and handwashing facilities provided throughout our venue
- Cashless payments only at The Malthouse Bar and MALT Kitchen & Pantry
- e-Tickets sent to your email to show ushers upon entering the theatre and reduce queuing at Box Office
- Commercial-grade sterilisation of all glasses, dishes, and cutlery. Environmentally-friendly disposable cutlery and cups are also available
- Trained staff to assist you, who are familiar with all COVID-19 safety and hygiene protocols
- Regular replacement of the full volume of air in the performance spaces
Follow the instructions of the Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS). Malthouse will be informed by DHHS as appropriate but we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe you had an active case of COVID-19 while you were at The Malthouse.
The venue is professionally cleaned on a regular schedule by a COVID-19 marshal. All high contact surfaces including doors, tables, rails, chairs, and shared public facilities are thoroughly disinfected.
Social distancing is encouraged at all times. We have installed real-time occupancy counters in all bathrooms for queuing. Our staff are monitoring social distancing to keep everyone safe.
Please maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from others, avoid mingling, queue where indicated, and follow instructions from our team.
No, however we recommend wearing a fitted face mask when you're unable to socially distance from other guests.
In line with Victoria's current public health advice, patrons won’t be required to have two doses or show their vaccination status before entering the venue. To promote safety for everyone that visits The Malthouse, we recommend being fully vaccinated before visiting the venue.
The existing two-dose and three-dose vaccination mandates are still required for all staff and artists 16 years and over. More information on our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy is available here.
In line with Victoria's current public health advice, you are no longer required to check in when you visit The Malthouse.
If you have been asked to self-isolate before an event, please email the Box Office to arrange an alternative event date. Please view our Returns and Exchanges policy here.
If you are displaying cold or flu-like symptoms after attending an event, please contact the Department of Health and Human Services 24-hour hotline 1800 675 398 or call your doctor and mention your symptoms and risk factors. They will determine if you need to be tested for coronavirus (COVID-19).
We will send you a text message and/or email to your supplied mobile phone number or email address notifying you of the cancellation as far in advance as possible. Ensure your contact information is up to date by logging into your online account here.
If an event is cancelled, you will be offered a full refund or the option to move into an alternative date if one is available.
We have made significant changes to our ticketing policy to ensure the safety of everyone who visits The Malthouse and provide more flexibility for refunds and exchanges for patrons that have been asked to self-isolate. View Malthouse Theatre’s ticket information here.
You will be emailed your e-Tickets in your order confirmation email at the time of purchase.
Please ensure your email address is up to date in your account here so you can receive your e-Tickets. Check your Junk/Spam folder if it does not arrive directly into your inbox.
Yes. The indoor all-gender, female, and accessible bathrooms are open for use. Please ensure you practice social distancing in the bathrooms and clean your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds before exiting.
Yes, Malthouse Bar and MALT Kitchen & Pantry are open for service during performances of Malthouse Outdoor Stage.
We are currently accepting bookings for The Malthouse's theatre and rehearsal spaces. Please contact email@example.com to make an enquiry.
We have lockers available in The Malthouse foyer to store small belongings. The lockers can be activated by inserting a $1 coin.