Your COVID-Safe Visit
Image: Ian Laidlaw
The safety, welfare, and experience of everyone who enters our venue is our highest priority.
We recognise that during this time, it is our duty to protect our community—you, your family, friends, and neighbours. At The Malthouse, our team is always looking out for you!
The Malthouse is a COVID-Safe venue. We cut no corners. We have introduced strict safety and hygiene measures in line with Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services guidelines to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. We continue to regularly monitor all government updates to ensure our procedures reflect current directives.
Please note that the safety measures below may be updated, so please check this page again prior to your visit. To make your experience as seamless and enjoyable as possible, we ask that you take your time to read the information below to best prepare you for your visit to The Malthouse.
Together, we can keep everyone safe. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- If you're 16 and over, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to visit The Malthouse. You must show valid proof of vaccination to enter the venue, including Malthouse Outdoor Stage. In the interests of everyone's safety, our staff have the right to refuse entry to anyone that cannot present valid proof of vaccination. View our full COVID-19 Vaccination Policy here
- If you are experiencing flu and cold-like symptoms, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, have returned from overseas or have been to a public exposure site listed here, please stay home until you have received a negative result. View our Exchanges & Refunds Policy here
- Download the COVID-Safe app and link to your COVID-19 vaccine certificate so you can check in
WHILE YOU ARE HERE
- Follow the instructions of our trained staff at all times during your visit. Please remember, our friendly team are here to keep you safe, so please be kind and patient
- Practice social distancing at all times. Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from others, avoid mingling, queue where indicated, and follow instructions from staff
- Regularly hand sanitise or wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with hot water and soap
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow while wearing your mask
- Pay attention to signs and physical distancing floor markers to guide you safely around the venue
Please note, patrons who do not comply with these conditions or follow the instructions of our staff will be refused entry and asked to leave to ensure the safety of all visitors, artists, and staff.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- A COVID-19 marshal is at The Malthouse during performances to monitor QR check ins and to regularly clean high contact surfaces
- Regular professional cleaning of high contact surfaces and shared public facilities
- Physically distanced seating in all indoor and outdoor venue spaces
- Hand sanitising stations and handwashing facilities provided throughout our venue
- Cashless payments only at The Malthouse Bar and MALT Kitchen & Pantry
- e-Tickets sent to your email to show ushers upon entering the theatre and reduce queuing at Box Office
- Commercial-grade sterilisation of all glasses, dishes, and cutlery. Environmentally-friendly disposable cutlery and cups are also available
- Clear physical distancing markers and signage to help guide you safely through the venue
- Trained staff to assist you, who are familiar with all COVID-19 safety and hygiene protocols
- Regular replacement of the full volume of air in the performance spaces
The venue is professionally cleaned on a regular schedule by a COVID-19 marshal. All high contact surfaces including doors, tables, rails, chairs, and shared public facilities are thoroughly disinfected.
Social distancing is encouraged at all times. We have installed real-time occupancy counters in all bathrooms for queuing. Our staff are monitoring social distancing to keep everyone safe.
Please maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from others, avoid mingling, queue where indicated, and follow instructions from our team.
No. However, face masks are strongly encouraged while inside The Malthouse particularly when you are unable to maintain 1.5 metres from others.
Yes, to promote safety for everyone that visits The Malthouse, and in line with the current public health advice, all staff, artists, and visitors 16 years and over will need to show full COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of entry. When you arrive at our venue you will be asked to show proof of vaccination by one of our friendly staff. More information on our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy is available here.
Please note visitors who have a medical exemption are excluded from this requirement. The Malthouse has the right to refuse entry to someone who cannot or will not show proof of vaccination or a valid exemption.
Yes. You must check in if you are at The Malthouse. There is a QR code sign stationed at each entrance of The Malthouse. We are facilitating the check in requirement on behalf of the Victorian Government. All data is stored securely and destroyed after a 28 day period. The data is used for contact tracing purposes only.
Please do not visit The Malthouse if you feel unwell. Stay home and get tested. View Malthouse Theatre’s Returns and Exchanges policy here if you are feeling unwell due to COVID-19.
If you have been asked to self-isolate before an event, please email the Box Office to arrange an alternative event date. Please view our Returns and Exchanges policy here.
If you are displaying cold or flu-like symptoms after attending an event, please contact the Department of Health and Human Services 24-hour hotline 1800 675 398 or call your doctor and mention your symptoms and risk factors. They will determine if you need to be tested for coronavirus (COVID-19).
We will send you a text message and/or email to your supplied mobile phone number or email address notifying you of the cancellation as far in advance as possible. Ensure your contact information is up to date by logging into your online account here.
If an event is cancelled, you will be offered a full refund or the option to move into an alternative date if one is available.
We have made significant changes to our ticketing policy to ensure the safety of everyone who visits The Malthouse and provide more flexibility for refunds and exchanges for patrons that have been asked to self-isolate. View Malthouse Theatre’s ticket information here.
You will be emailed your e-Tickets in your order confirmation email at the time of purchase.
Please ensure your email address is up to date in your account here so you can receive your e-Tickets. Check your Junk/Spam folder if it does not arrive directly into your inbox.
Yes. The indoor all-gender, female, and accessible bathrooms are open for use. Please ensure you practice social distancing in the bathrooms and clean your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds before exiting.
We are currently accepting bookings for The Malthouse's theatre and rehearsal spaces. Please contact email@example.com to make an enquiry.
We have lockers available in The Malthouse foyer to store small belongings. The lockers can be activated by inserting a $1 coin.