Terms & Conditions
Your purchase is sold by Playbox Theatre Company trading as Malthouse Theatre - ABN 58 006 885 463 - through The Malthouse Box Office on behalf of the Presenter(s). The following Terms and Conditions apply to this sale:
- Ticket prices may fluctuate due to demand and Malthouse Theatre reserves the right to alter prices without notice. Any changes are made in accordance with Live Performance Australia’s Ticketing Code of Practice. To view the latest prices for the production you are interested in, visit the relevant event page, select the date you wish to attend and the seats you wish to purchase, and the current pricing will appear.
- Customers who purchase tickets online or by phone will be given a confirmation number to confirm the purchase. If you do not receive a confirmation number or are otherwise concerned that your purchase was not successful, you must contact Box Office for confirmation of purchase. Malthouse Theatre takes no responsibility for incomplete purchases that have not received a confirmation number, and where the customer has made no attempt to confirm the order.
- Tickets sold on behalf of Presenters other than Malthouse Theatre are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the relevant production.
- Ticket prices within this site include GST where applicable.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided on collection of tickets. If the ticket holder cannot present valid identification, the Presenter reserves the right to apply an additional charge up to the difference of a full standard ticket price.
- Malthouse Theatre honours Companion Cards. Holders of this card are entitled to a complimentary ticket for their companion. To book using a Companion Card, please contact the Box Office and present your Companion Card upon collection of your tickets.
II. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Patrons enter the venue at their own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Malthouse Theatre is not responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from a customer’s entry to the venue or performance within the venue.
- Malthouse Theatre reserves the right of admission.
- Patrons who disrupt a performance, who are in use or possession of a prohibited item, or fail to produce concession ID as appropriate may be asked to leave the venue without refund of ticket purchase.
III. CAMERAS AND RECORDING DEVICES
- Cameras and other recording devices may not be permitted, unless where explicitly allowed. Malthouse Theatre reserves the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos or video footage.
- All tickets are non-refundable, unless required by law or in accordance with the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice.
- Malthouse Theatre may cancel the order and refund the amount paid to rectify a pricing error made by Malthouse Theatre, including due to technical error, human error, or otherwise.
- All booking fees are non-refundable.
- All exchanges are subject to availability and at the discretion of Malthouse Theatre.
- Ticket exchanges may incur additional costs, including but not limited to paying the difference between ticket prices, when exchanging between price types or zones.
- Exchange requests must be made at least 24 hours before the performance time.
- Where permitted, exchanges are charged at $9.00 per ticket for Malthouse Theatre productions and $6.00 per ticket for all other productions.
- Exchanges are not permitted where the performance is sold out.
- Exchanges will not be processed at the Box Office during peak times.
- Malthouse Muses and Mates are entitled to unlimited exchanges for Malthouse Theatre productions, subject to availability and all other terms and conditions.
VI. PERFORMANCE INFORMATION, CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
- The Presenter reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists; vary advertised programs; change the duration of a production; adjust seating arrangements and audience capacity; and refuse admission with reasonable cause. For all Malthouse Theatre productions, the most current information will be listed on our website, in our venue, in our pre-show emails sent to ticket holders, and through our social media channels, where appropriate.
- In the event of a performance cancellation, a gift voucher equal to the value of the tickets may be issued. In accordance with Live Performance Australia’s Ticketing Code of Practice a refund may also be provided to the original ticket purchaser.
- If you have purchased a ticket from an unauthorised seller, Malthouse Theatre cannot guarantee a refund. Booking fees are forfeit in event of refund due to cancellation or reschedule.
- Seating within the theatres of the Malthouse Theatre may be closed, altered or adjusted with or without prior notice. If a ticketed seat is no longer available, customers will be relocated to another comparable seat at no additional cost. In circumstances when the house seat configuration has been significantly altered, Malthouse Theatre will attempt to disclose this configuration in event information.
- Malthouse Theatre will endeavour to disclose age recommendations and warnings regarding adult themes, haze, strobe, nudity and other potentially confronting content to audience members prior to the production. Click here for more information about our Content Warning process and policies.
- On occasion, some productions will require adjustments to the set, staging, lighting or design to occur during the Season. This may impact visibility in some seating locations. Where possible, Malthouse Theatre will attempt to advise audience members of any restricted viewing information prior to purchase.
- Late arrivals may result in non-admittance or admittance at a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers may be seated in seats other than those purchased.
- In any of the circumstances set out above, Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless required by law (including Australian Consumer Law).
VII. TICKET RE-SALE AND SCALPING
- Tickets are only valid when purchased through an authorised agent.
- Tickets must not be on-sold at a premium, packaged with other goods or services, offered as a prize or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes, without the prior written permission of Malthouse Theatre. Where Malthouse Theatre deems tickets sold are in breach of this condition, tickets may be cancelled or orders may be refused without notice and without a refund, and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission to the ticketed event.
- To maintain fair access to tickets, Malthouse Theatre may place limits on the number of tickets available for purchase. Malthouse Theatre reserves the right to cancel and withhold a refund for any purchase exceeding those limits.
VIII. FRAUDULENT CHARGES AND REVERSALS
Any credit card chargebacks or other transaction reversals initiated against Malthouse Theatre will result in immediate ticket cancellation. A reasonable attempt will be made to reinstate the transaction and may involve holding seats for up to 24 hours. Any bank fees and charges incurred by Malthouse Theatre as a result of the chargeback will be passed on to the customer.
IX. GIFT VOUCHERS
- Gift Vouchers are not refundable.
- Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed for Malthouse Theatre productions.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 36 months from the date of purchase and cannot be redeemed after this time.
- If your order exceeds the amount of your Gift Vouchers, you must pay the balance with cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
- Malthouse Theatre does not accept any liability for lost or stolen Gift Vouchers.
- Malthouse Theatre may provide gift certificate purchasers with information about the redemption status of Gift Vouchers.
- In the event of an error made when submitting a donation, Malthouse Theatre will honour a request for a refund. Requests must be made within 5 working days of the submission. After this time, all donations made to Malthouse Theatre are non-refundable.
- To request a refund, please contact Malthouse Theatre at email@example.com. Refunds will be made using the original payment method. Donations made by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card.
- Please send through your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.